Island Conservation partner, Global Island Partnership, will present a side event at the UN Convention on Biological Diversity’s 14th Conference of the Parties.
On Wednesday, November 21st, the Global Island Partnership will present a side event discussing conservation successes on islands and how these ideas can be implemented elsewhere. This side event will reflect on what progress has been made in islands, new ideas and what can be scaled and replicated across the world in order to help us achieve our biodiversity goals and the post 2020 biodiversity framework. Island Conservation along with other partnering organizations will attend the event to share and learn about advances in island restoration.
- New York Times Magazine Features Island Conservation and the Opportunities and Challenges Surrounding Gene Drives - January 14, 2020
- New Expert Findings Seek to Protect U.S. National Parks from Invasive Animal Species - December 17, 2019
- Dreams Become Reality: Peruvian Diving-petrels Return to Chañaral Island, Chile - December 10, 2019
- Island Conservation Earns Coveted 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator - November 12, 2019
- Press Release: Opportunities and Knowledge Gaps in Gene Drive Research - November 7, 2019
- Radiolab: Saving the Galápagos Giant Tortoise - October 18, 2019
- The Monito Gecko: Saved by the Endangered Species Act - October 3, 2019
- Join Island Conservation at Santa Cruz Works Get Biotech Event - August 26, 2019
- Nature Features GBIRd—The Promise of Gene Drives - July 10, 2019
- A New Toolkit to Accelerate Ocean Conservation: Ocean Genomic Horizon Scan - June 26, 2019