Earth Day celebrations are going entirely online for 2020, but there are plenty of things each person can do for the planet, from home.
Earth Day 2020 is going digital and being celebrated with 24-hours of Action. To help you celebrate Earth Day, we came up with a few ideas of actions you can take from home.
Become a citizen scientist. Researchers around the world need help collecting data and you can help! Do you like birds? Join eBird to start identifying birds, creating observation lists, and checklists of species you would like to see. This data is then used by researchers and to help inform conservation decisions.
Plastic pollution is a growing problem for wildlife, such as seabirds and sea turtles. Although one individual’s actions might seem small, every action matters—look around your home and think of habits, you can change to reduce or remove single-use plastics from your life.
The Next Generation of Animal Champions
To celebrate 50 years of Earth Day, Unboxals is featuring 50 incredible animals and their superpowers to unbox a passion for the natural world and create the next generation of Animal Champions. Share with the parents and children in your life or enjoy the cool species for yourself!
We oftentimes get overwhelmed or lost in all the negative news surrounding the environment, but it’s important to focus on the positive. Share a photo or a story online that gives you #HOPEFOREARTH and challenge friends to do the same. If you need a few ideas, consider sharing one of Island Conservation’s stories of hope!
Support a Non-profit
Earth Day is every day for environmental and conservation organizations. Make a donation to support your favorite non-profit.
- Island Journey: Dive Into the Restoration of Floreana Island, Galapagos - August 6, 2020
- Restoration on Italian Islands, It’s About Saving Seabirds - August 6, 2020
- Island Journey: Connecting Islands and Marine Ecosystems - July 28, 2020
- Island Journey: The Global Impact of Island Restoration - July 22, 2020
- A Message from Island Conservation CEO, Karen Poiani - June 5, 2020
- Focus On Islands: Biodiversity and Preventing Extinctions - May 22, 2020
- Endangered Wildlife: Unseen Victims of Coronavirus - May 15, 2020
- Birding From Home with Island Conservation - May 7, 2020
- Revelations from Palmyra Atoll: the Age of Catalyzing Biodiversity Growth - April 30, 2020
- How Are You Celebrating Earth Day? - April 22, 2020