Island Conservation is pleased to announce the appointment (beginning December 15) of Olivier Langrand as our new Director of Global Affairs. Over the course of his twenty-seven year career, Olivier has developed a wealth of experience and global relationships in support of his lifelong passion and commitment to protecting biodiversity. He brings a unique, global perspective to IC, with a well-deserved reputation of integrity, a deep understanding of complex issues, and a creative approach to solving problems. Olivier will be responsible for IC’s engagement with governments, multi- and bi-lateral institutions, and international conventions in our global efforts to prevent extinction of threatened island species.
Olivier comes to Island Conservation after ten years with Conservation International, where, most recently, he served as Executive Vice President in charge of the Center for Conservation and Government. His division was responsible for public funding, engaging with governments and multi-lateral institutions in environmental policy, and working with indigenous and traditional peoples. In his previous position with Conservation International, Olivier led the Africa and Madagascar divisions. Prior to joining CI, Olivier held similar positions in Africa with World Wildlife Fund.
- Working Together to Protect Lehua Island - August 17, 2017
- Wake-up Call for Imperiled Species! - June 30, 2017
- Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre de Desecheo libre de mamíferos invasivos después de casi 100 años - June 27, 2017
- After Nearly a Century, Desecheo Wildlife can Thrive Again - June 27, 2017
- Paraíso rescatado: Islas del Pacífico libres de predadores invasores - June 20, 2017
- Un Paradis Retrouvé - June 20, 2017
- Paradise Saved: Pacific Islands Cleared of Invasive Predators - June 19, 2017
- Sharp Decline in Hawaiian Petrel & Newell’s Shearwater Populations - June 8, 2017
- Entrevista de Radio Ag Update con Heath Packard - June 7, 2017
- Ag Update Radio Interview with Heath Packard - June 7, 2017