How do you know what day it is on Antipodes Island? If it’s pizza night, it must be Friday.
Long weeks of hard work in the field on a subantarctic island call for a special treat to kick off the weekend, and Million Dollar Mouse chef Pete Kirkman makes the best pizza Antipodes Island has ever seen. Toppings included chicken and apricot, smoked salmon, bacon, and of course, chorizo.
These hand-made pizzas became welcome and nourishing calendar-markers for the isolated restoration team. In fact, they look so delicious, you just might start to think that fieldwork in subantarctic isolation is something you could enjoy!
Featured photo: Enjoying pizza on the island. Credit: Million Dollar Mouse
Read the original update at Million Dollar Mouse
- Hybrid Iguanas Signal Need for Stricter Biosecurity - March 8, 2018
- Penguin vs. Rabbit: Native Island Wildlife Need More than Luck when Invasive Species Take Over - March 1, 2018
- Rat Tracks in New Zealand Wildlife Sanctuary Cause Alarm - January 25, 2018
- Little Penguins and Petrels Surveyed in Auckland - January 25, 2018
- Invasive Plant Threatens High-elevation Bogs of Maui - January 24, 2018
- Extinct Burrowing Bat Fossil Discovered in New Zealand - January 19, 2018
- Predator Free 2050 a Boon for Human Health - January 19, 2018
- Philosophy Talks: Self, Technology, and Ecology - January 8, 2018
- Royalty and Celebrities Drawn to Rat-free Seychelles Island - January 5, 2018
- Tiny Kayangel, Palau: Window on a Restored Future for Planet Earth and Humankind? - December 11, 2017