How do you know what day it is on Antipodes Island? If it’s pizza night, it must be Friday.
Long weeks of hard work in the field on a subantarctic island call for a special treat to kick off the weekend, and Million Dollar Mouse chef Pete Kirkman makes the best pizza Antipodes Island has ever seen. Toppings included chicken and apricot, smoked salmon, bacon, and of course, chorizo.
These hand-made pizzas became welcome and nourishing calendar-markers for the isolated restoration team. In fact, they look so delicious, you just might start to think that fieldwork in subantarctic isolation is something you could enjoy!
Featured photo: Enjoying pizza on the island. Credit: Million Dollar Mouse
Read the original update at Million Dollar Mouse
- Children of Palau Design Pledge for Ecological Responsibility - June 11, 2018
- Heightened Aspirations: IUCN Green List Strives for Flourishing Species - April 20, 2018
- Philosophy Talks: Pattern, Practices, and Wisdom - April 16, 2018
- Scientific Study Calls for Holistic Conservation Goals - April 13, 2018
- Goats + Island Ecosystems? Not a Good Match - April 6, 2018
- Wallabies Doing Well on Dirk Hartog Island - April 6, 2018
- National Wildlife Federation: Reversing America’s Wildlife Crisis - April 5, 2018
- Midway: Edge of Tomorrow - April 3, 2018
- Hybrid Iguanas Signal Need for Stricter Biosecurity - March 8, 2018
- Penguin vs. Rabbit: Native Island Wildlife Need More than Luck when Invasive Species Take Over - March 1, 2018